Compete against yourself, NOT OTHERS!



Before I started competing in pageants, I perceived pageants as glorified competition to pin women against one another. And it wasn't until I started researching pageantry and then competing in my first pageant that I realized I was wrong. Yes, pageants are competition.  Yes, there can only be one winner. Yes, judges are scoring you. BUT, you are not competing against the other contestants, you're competing against yourself! In fact, preparing for pageants has helped grow into the best version of myself. I am confidently successful whether or not I take home the crown–– I am successful because I made it to the pageant.

I enjoyed this competing in Miss Florida USA because I had the opportunity to meet such amazing women throughout the weekend. Every woman competing at Miss FLUSA was the definition of confidently successful–– it was inspiring to befriend so many incredible women. Throughout the weekend, I had to remind myself that this was in a competition. However, I was able to gain so much from this experience because I didn't compare myself to other women––I empowered them––and that is what I hope every woman will feel inspired to do. 








Once you are confident in yourself, it's natural for you to want to encourage others to gain self-confidence as well. So I hope to encourage every woman reading this blog to feel empowered to chase her dreams! With so much negativity in this world, it is essential for women to uplift each other! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

The Life of a Journalism Student

Crafting the Perfect Résumé